Make your own origami Yoda in just 5 minutes! All you need is a square piece of paper, and Force is not even required. This Yoda origami model is very simple and easy, and it has a rather cute look. Your Yoda can stand up, and he carries a stick. Of course it's not as detailed as Fumiaki Kawahata's famous Yoda model. You can find instructions and videos that show how to fold the Yoda model from Fumiaki Kawahata on Jo Nakashima's YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5B71d1OR_M but you need at least 30 minutes and a very solid folding experience. I haven't dared to fold it yet myself. :-)
1. Start with a square sheet of paper. If the paper has a white side, put the white side on the bottom.
2. Fold and unfold the square horizontally and vertically.
3. Turn the square to the other side.
4. Fold the top left square horizontally. Mark the fold only at the left of vertical axis.
5. Unfold. Fold the top left square vertically. Mark the fold only at the top of the horizontal axis.
6. Unfold the fold you just made.
7. Fold the corners to the center, except the bottom right corner.
8. Unfold the 2 left corners.
9. Fold the top left tip towards the center of the small square at the top left.
10. Fold again the top left corner. This will be Yoda's face.
11. Fold the bottom right corner so that the tip touches Yoda's face.
12. Fold the right of the bottom right triangle to make Yoda's stick. Make the stick slightly thicker near Yoda's face.
13. Fold again the bottom left corner.
14. Turn the model over and turn it to put Yoda's face on top.
15. Fold the two top corners to the center.
16. Fold back the two top corners to make the ears. Make the fold parallel to the previous fold, at a small distance.
17. Fold the top tip down.
18. Turn the model to the other side. Unfold the left arm so that you won't fold it. Mark a vertical mountain fold that starts at the bottom left of Yoda's face.
19. Make a valley fold from the bottom left of Yoda's face to the top left angle.
20. Turn the model to the other side so that you can mark the fold easily and completely.
21. Make a vertical fold that starts from the bottom right of Yoda's face. Do not mark the right arm and try not too mark the fold on the stick.
22. Turn the model to the other side to mark a fold from the bottom right of Yoda's face to the top right angle.
23. Fold again the two diagonal folds at the bottom of Yoda's coat.
24. Turn the model to the other side. You have done all the folds already.
25. Mark the folds again, especially near Yoda's head to finish the model.
26. Congratulations, your Jedi Master Yoda is ready to fight against the evil powers of the dark side of the Force!
What do you think of this origami Yoda? If you followed the instructions or the video to make this paper Yoda, could you please send me pictures of it on my Origami Plus Facebook page, or on Twitter (@Origami_Plus)? I would like to create a gallery of Yodas! :-) Please subscribe to my YouTube channel Origami Plus to be notified when I post new origami video tutorials. It's always very pleasing to see the subscribers, views and likes counters going up :-) and it encourages me to create more models and to publish more origami videos. Thank you!
To make a Yoda in origami, please follow the instructions from this video on YouTube:
If you fold this Yoda, please send me pictures of your paper Yoda so that I can show them here.
Origami Yoda, Darth Vader and Stormtrooper
Origami Star Wars Characters: Yoda, Darth Vader and a Stormtrooper
Origami Yoda and Darth Vader
Have you tried this this Yoda origami model? How did it turn out? Please tell me, and send me a picture of your model so that I can add it on this page!
If you like this Yoda and my other origami models, you can support me on Patreon. Thank you!
Origami is the art of folding paper to create animals, plants, objects and geometric forms.
Origami models with easy to follow step-by-step instructions in video and photos.
Diagrams to fold origami models can be difficult to interpret sometimes. For each model we show a photo of each step so that you can easily fold all models. Each origami model also has a video that shows how to fold it.