The swan is one of the most traditional origami models. It is a simple but very elegant origami model.
To make a swan in origami, please follow the instructions from this video on YouTube:
1. Start with a square sheet of paper.
2. If one side is colored, put it on the bottom. Turn the sheet of paper.
3. Fold along the vertical diagonal.
4. Unfold the fold you just made.
5. Fold the bottom right side towards the center.
6. Fold the bottom left side towards the center.
7. Turn the model to the other side.
8. Fold the bottom right side towards the center.
9. Fold the bottom left side towards the center.
10. Fold the bottom tip towards the top of the model.
11. Fold back the top of the tip to form the head.
12. Fold the model in two.
13. Lift the neck of the swan and mark the fold.
14. Lift the head of the swan and mark the fold.
15. Your swan is complete!
16. And ready to go swimming!
Once you have folded your first origami swan, try to fold it with a smaller sheet of paper, to create baby swans. You can then arrange the mother swan with its little swans.
If you fold this swan, please send me pictures of your paper Swan so that I can show them here.
Have you created a swan in origami using this model? Send us pictures of your swans so that we can add them here!
Have you tried this this swan origami model? How did it turn out? Please tell me, and send me a picture of your model so that I can add it on this page!
If you like this swan and my other origami models, you can support me on Patreon. Thank you!
Origami is the art of folding paper to create animals, plants, objects and geometric forms.
Origami models with easy to follow step-by-step instructions in video and photos.
Diagrams to fold origami models can be difficult to interpret sometimes. For each model we show a photo of each step so that you can easily fold all models. Each origami model also has a video that shows how to fold it.