Make your own origami Stormtrooper in just 5 minutes! All you need is a square piece of paper, and Force is not even required. This Stormtrooper origami model is simple and easy, and since it takes only 5 minutes, you can make a whole army of Stormtrooper clones! These Stormtroopers are in the same style than the 5 minute Origami Yoda and 5 minute Origami Darth Vader I designed before. Once you have folded your Stormtrooper, you can also fold a blaster. The blaster is made from a small rectangle of paper, made from half of one quarter of the square you use for the Stormtrooper. If you use 20x20 cm paper for the Stormtrooper, then you will need a rectangle of 10x5 cm for the blaster riffle.
To make a Stormtrooper in origami, please follow the instructions from this video on YouTube:
1. Start with a square sheet of paper. If one side is colored, put it on top.
2. Fold and unfold the square horizontally and vertically.
3. Turn the square to the other side.
4. Fold the top left square horizontally. Mark the fold only at the left of vertical axis. This fold is optional. It helps to see where to make other folds.
5. Unfold. Fold the top left square vertically. Mark the fold only at the top of the horizontal axis. This fold is optional. It helps to see where to make other folds.
6. Unfold the fold you just made.
7. Fold the 4 corners to the center.
8. Turn the model 45° clockwise.
9. Fold the bottom of the top triangle towards the center of the square inside the triangle. This will be Stormtrooper's head.
10. Unfold the top triangle.
11. Fold the model in two along the vertical axis.
12. Fold the top triangle on its edge.
13. Unfold, turn the model to the other side and fold the top triangle again.
14. Unfold and open the model.
15. Fold the top triangle so that the small triangle inside lines up with the creases below.
16. Unfold the fold you just made.
17. Invert the fold of the small triangle and fold back the top triangle.
18. Make a valley fold just below the mountain fold.
19. Make a vertical fold next to the bottom right of the small triangle. Do not fold the right arm.
20. Mark the fold well.
21. Unfold and make a similar vertical fold next to the bottom left of the small triangle.
23. Turn the model to the other side.
24. Fold the two top corners to the vertical folds.
25. Fold the two sides to the vertical folds.
26. Turn the model to the other side.
27. Fold the two top corners again to the vertical folds. Mark the folds well.
28. Open up the head to free the valley folds we just made.
29. Turn the model to the other side.
30. Invert the left valley fold so that it becomes a mountain fold. Open the fold and flatten it to the right.
31. Similarly invert the right valley fold and flatten it to the left.
32. Turn the model to the other side.
33. Mark again the vertical folds to shape the stormtrooper. Gently lift the bottom of the head to mark the folds and shape the helmet.
34. Your Stormtrooper is ready to fight the rebels!
35. Make sure to equip your Stormtrooper with a blaster riffle.
36. Also try the 5 minute Darth Vader origami model.
37. And the 5 minute Yoda origami model.
I hope you like this Stormtrooper. It is my 3rd Star Wars origami model. It should go very well with my origami Yoda and Darth Vader models. The Stormtrooper is very easy and fast to make, so you can fold a squad or even a whole army of them! Clonetroopers!
If you make a paper Stormtrooper by following those instructions or video, could you send me a picture of your Stormtrooper (or Stormtroopers!) so that I can add to my gallery of origami Stormtroopers? :-) You can send me pictures of your origami models on on my Origami Plus Facebook page, or on Twitter (@Origami_Plus).
If you like this Stormtrooper model and tutorial, please subscribe to my YouTube channel Origami Plus to be notified when I post new origami video tutorials.
Any idea of which other Star Wars origami models I should try to create next?
If you fold this Stormtrooper, please send me pictures of your paper Stormtrooper so that I can show them here.
Origami Yoda, Darth Vader and Stormtrooper
Origami Star Wars Characters: Yoda, Darth Vader and a Stormtrooper
If you make an origami Stormtrooper, please send me a picture so that I can add it to the gallery below! Thank you!
The fastest way to create your Stormtroopers army is to recruit mercernaries and pay per clones. :-)
A couple of Stormtroopers looking for Yoda.
Blue Thing with Claws approaching!
Have you tried this this Stormtrooper origami model? How did it turn out? Please tell me, and send me a picture of your model so that I can add it on this page!
If you like this Stormtrooper and my other origami models, you can support me on Patreon. Thank you!
Origami is the art of folding paper to create animals, plants, objects and geometric forms.
Origami models with easy to follow step-by-step instructions in video and photos.
Diagrams to fold origami models can be difficult to interpret sometimes. For each model we show a photo of each step so that you can easily fold all models. Each origami model also has a video that shows how to fold it.