This Santa Claus model is an original model. There are many folds but nothing difficult. Once your origami Santa Claus is folded, you can draw his eyes, nose and mouth if you wish.
1. Start with a square sheet of paper, red on one side and white on the other. You can use a white sheet and color one side with pencils or crayons.
2. Put the colored side on the bottom. Then turn it.
3. Fold along the horizontal diagonal.
4. Unfold the fold you just made.
5. Fold along the vertical diagonal.
6. Unfold the fold you just made.
7. Turn the model over to the other side.
8. Fold down the top tip. Make the fold at one third of the distance to the center of the square.
9. Fold up the bottom tip just a little bit. It will become the pompon of the hat.
10. Turn the model over.
11. Fold the top right side toward the vertical axis in the middle.
12. Fold the top left side toward the vertical axis in the middle.
13. Unfold the last two folds.
14. Fold the bottom right side toward the vertical axis in the middle.
15. Fold the bottom left side towards the vertical axis in the middle.
16. Unfold the last two folds.
17. Turn the model over.
18. Fold the right side to the left. Make the fold at the intersection of the 3 other folds.
19. Unfold the fold you just made.
20. Fold the left side to the right. Make the fold at the intersection of the 3 other folds.
21. Unfold the fold you just made.
22. Turn the model over.
23. Fold the bottom half towards the top half. The folds you made in the previous steps will help.
24. Flatten the bottom half on the top half.
25. Turn the model over.
26. Fold the bottom a little bit towards the top. There are many layers, so take your time.
27. Turn the model over.
28. Fold the right side towards the vertical axis in the middle.
29. Fold the left side towards the vertical axis in the middle.
30. Unfold the last two folds.
31. Fold the right tip down. The top edge should align with the fold you just unmade.
32. Fold the left tip down.
33. Now fold again the folds you had unmade.
34. Turn the model over.
35. Fold back the top tip.
36. And fold back the top of the top tip.
37. Fold the feet up.
38. To make Santa Claus stand, you can open and squash the folds of the feet.
39. And your Santa Claus is done, hopefully in time for Christmas to bring gifts and toys to everyone!
40. You can make Santa Claus stand, but it's difficult as he does not have a good sense of balance!
There are already hundreds of different origami Santa Claus models, but we hope you will like this new one and that you will become one of the first persons to fold it! If you fold this Santa Claus origami model, please send us pictures of the result to email@example.com so that we can add them to this page!
To make Santa Claus in origami, please follow the instructions from this video on YouTube:
Have you tried this this Santa Claus origami model? How did it turn out? Please tell me, and send me a picture of your model so that I can add it on this page!
If you like this Santa Claus and my other origami models, you can support me on Patreon. Thank you!
Origami is the art of folding paper to create animals, plants, objects and geometric forms.
Origami models with easy to follow step-by-step instructions in video and photos.
Diagrams to fold origami models can be difficult to interpret sometimes. For each model we show a photo of each step so that you can easily fold all models. Each origami model also has a video that shows how to fold it.