This reindeer head is an original model that I created for a origami creation challenge on the French origami site Pliage de papier. The theme was "Hijacking the Lilly Flower". To create this reindeer head, you first have to fold a lily. Then with a few more folds, you can transform the lily flower into a beautiful reindeer!
To make a reindeer head in origami, please follow the instructions from this video on YouTube:
1. To fold the reindeer head, you first have to fold a lily flower. See the lily flower instructions.
2. Slightly open the lily flower.
3. Fold the right inside flap of the small tip towards the edge and flatten it.
4. Fold the left inside flap in the same way.
5. Turn the model and repeat the last two folds for the opposite small tip.
6. You can now flatten the model.
7. Make a valley fold to bring the right tip towards the center.
8. Make another valley fold below the right of the right tip to flatten it.
9. Repeat the last two folds on the left tip to bring it to the center and to flatten it.
10. Fold the outer tips (the ears of the reindeer).
11. Turn the model over.
12. Fold up the bottom of the bottom tip.
13. Turn the model over.
14. Fold the right side of the right tip towards its center to form the horn.
15. Fold the left side of the right tip towards the center.
16. Repeat the last two folds to form the left horn.
17. Fold down the top of the head (one layer).
18. Fold the right ear towards the center.
19. Fold the right ear in the middle, towards the right.
20. Fold the left ear towards the center.
21. Fold the left ear in the middle, towards the left.
22. Turn the model over.
23. Fold back the top of the head.
24. This is optional: if your paper has two colors, you can open the horn to change its color.
25. Turn the model over and invert the folds of the horn.
26. Turn the model over.
27. Make an inside fold at the top of the horn.
28. Repeat the folds for the other horn. Your reindeer is complete!
Who would have guessed that you could start with a lily flower and get a reindeer? You can create a big reindeer face to put on your wall, or many reindeers for Santa's sleigh!
I hope you liked this original paper reindeer head model. If you fold it, please send us pictures of the result to email@example.com so that we can add them to this page and create an reindeer heard! Thank you!
Have you tried this this reindeer head origami model? How did it turn out? Please tell me, and send me a picture of your model so that I can add it on this page!
If you like this reindeer head and my other origami models, you can support me on Patreon. Thank you!
Origami is the art of folding paper to create animals, plants, objects and geometric forms.
Origami models with easy to follow step-by-step instructions in video and photos.
Diagrams to fold origami models can be difficult to interpret sometimes. For each model we show a photo of each step so that you can easily fold all models. Each origami model also has a video that shows how to fold it.