Do you remember the Play icon on old tape players from the 1980s? Today you find Play buttons everywhere, especially on videos on the Internet. And now it's also an origami model that I created for the Origami Plus YouTube channel. If you make a red and white Play icon, it will look like the YouTube logo / icon.
1. Start with a square piece of duo paper (a different color on each side). Use red and white to make a YouTube icon.
2. Turn the paper to put the white side on top (for a white Play arrow).
3. Fold along the vertical diagonal.
5. Put the top tip on the bottom tip, and mark the middle of the paper. Do not fold the horizontal diagonal completely.
7. Fold the top tip to the center.
8. Fold the bottom tip to the center.
9. Fold the left tip a little bit past the center.
10. Fold the right tip to the left of the model.
11. Turn the model over.
12. Fold the top towards the center but not all the way.
13. Fold the bottom towards the center but not all the way.
14. Fold the 4 corners a little bit to round the rectangle.
15. Turn the model over.
16. Fold the left tip towards the right to make the play icon.
I hope you enjoyed this origami Play icon tutorial. You can watch it on YouTube above. :-)
Please don't forget to subscribe to my YouTube channel to get notifications when I publish new original origami videos!
To make a Play Icon in origami, please follow the instructions from this video on YouTube:
Have you tried this this Play Icon origami model? How did it turn out? Please tell me, and send me a picture of your model so that I can add it on this page!
If you like this Play Icon and my other origami models, you can support me on Patreon. Thank you!
Origami is the art of folding paper to create animals, plants, objects and geometric forms.
Origami models with easy to follow step-by-step instructions in video and photos.
Diagrams to fold origami models can be difficult to interpret sometimes. For each model we show a photo of each step so that you can easily fold all models. Each origami model also has a video that shows how to fold it.