Make a very original origami heart model for someone you love! This easy origami Love Lady model is a great Valentine DIY gift for Valentine's Day. It could also be a nice gift idea for Mother's Day. The origami Lady of Hearts has a big heart shaped face, and a long white dress. It could also make a nice table or cake decoration for engagements and weddings.
There are many different origami hearts models, the heart shape is one of the most popular themes in origami. I especially recommend the works of the great origami designer Francis Ow who has created amazing origami hearts: the famous origami heart with wings, double hearts, an heart with an arrow, another with a key, an origami envelope for your love letters, a origami ring with an heart, an origami heart box etc. You can find many of his models in his book "Origami Hearts".
So it's hard to come up with new and original origami hearts models, but I think this origami Queen of Hearts is an interesting model, thanks to the nice contrast between the red and angular heart head and the white, soft and wavy dress. Please let me know what you think of it!
If you use bicolor paper, the heart will be of a different color than the dress.
After folding, you can shape the dress as you like to make it curvy and wavy, and you can slighly slant the heart face if you wish.
1. Start with a square sheet of paper, preferably with a different color on each side.
2. The heart will have the color of the side you put on the bottom, so if you have a white side, put it on top.
3. Fold along one diagonal. The folds need to be precise so take your time.
5. Turn the model to the other side.
6. Put the top left corner on top of the bottom right corner, and make a pinch to mark the middle. Then unfold.
7. Fold the top left corner to the point you marked. Mark the fold all the way.
8. Unfold. Bring the middle of the top side on the interesection of the two folds. Mark the fold only below and to the right of the intersection.
10. Repeat for the middle of left side. Mark the fold only below and to the right of the intersection.
12. Turn the model to the other side.
13. Fold along the vertical axis that goes through the highest intersection of folds. Mark the fold only at the top until you reach diagonal fold.
15. Similarly, fold along the horizontal axis that goes through the intersection of folds at the left. Mark the fold only at the left until you reach diagonal fold.
17. Fold the top left corner to the first intersection of folds.
18. Fold the top down to the bottom of the red corner.
19. Fold the left right to the right of the red corner.
20. Fold again all the unfolded folds, starting with the folds at the bottom right.
21. Flatten together all the folds except the head.
22. Flatten the head and put it under the model.
23. Make 4 small folds to round the head and to give it the shape of a heart.
24. Make a vertical valley fold where the white meets the red, and bring the head to the front.
25. Open the white part of the model. This will become the dress.
26. Fold again the head to one side.
27. Gently fold the dress to the same side and mark the fold only on that side of the dress.
28. Turn the model to look under the dress.
29. Make a small valley fold that will lock the dress in place.
30. Make a fold at the end of the dress so that the model can stand up.
31. You can then shape the dress to give it some volume and curves.
32. Your Love Lady is ready to meet her lover and go to the ball!
I hope you will like this origami Love Lady!
If you fold this origami Lady of Heart, please send me some pictures so that I can add them on the Origami.plus web site and show them in a next video!
I'm also working on a male love character to go with this female heart character. Subscribe to my YouTube channel to get notified when I publish the tutorial.
Last year I also published tutorials for an origami Love Cat and an origami Love Mouse. Let's spread the Origami Love! :-)
Do you have ideas for using those origami hearts models? I think they can make great DIY projects for Valentine's Day and Mothers' Day, or they could make lovely table decorations for engagements and weddings, anniversaries etc. Do you have other ideas?
Please comment the video to tell me what you think of this original origami heart model, and share it with your loved ones!
Thank you very much and Happy Folding! :-)
To make a Love Lady in origami, please follow the instructions from this video on YouTube:
Have you tried this this Love Lady origami model? How did it turn out? Please tell me, and send me a picture of your model so that I can add it on this page!
If you like this Love Lady and my other origami models, you can support me on Patreon. Thank you!
Origami is the art of folding paper to create animals, plants, objects and geometric forms.
Origami models with easy to follow step-by-step instructions in video and photos.
Diagrams to fold origami models can be difficult to interpret sometimes. For each model we show a photo of each step so that you can easily fold all models. Each origami model also has a video that shows how to fold it.