This origami Love Cat is a new model designed for Valentine's Day 2016, part of a series of Love Animals (mouse, fox, dog etc.).
1. Start with a square sheet of paper.
2. If the paper has a white side, put the white side on top.
3. Fold along one diagonal.
5. Turn the model to the other side.
6. Put the top left corner on top of the bottom right corner, and just mark the middle.
8. Fold the top left corner to the middle point. Mark the fold.
10. Bring the middle of the top side on the interesection of the two folds. Mark the fold only below and to the right of the intersection.
11. Repeat for the middle of left side. Mark the fold only below and to the right of the intersection.
13. Turn the model to the other side.
14. Fold along the vertical axis that goes through the highest intersection of folds. Mark the fold only at the top until you reach diagonal fold.
16. Similarly, fold along the horizontal axis that goes through the intersection of folds at the left. Mark the fold only at the left until you reach diagonal fold.
18. Fold the top left corner to the intersection of folds.
19. Fold the top down to the bottom of the blue corner.
20. Fold the left right to the right of the blue corner.
21. Fold again all the unfolded folds, starting with the folds at the bottom right.
22. Flatten together all the folds except the head.
23. Flatten the head and put it under the model.
24. Open the tail by folding one half of the tail. Start the fold at the head junction.
25. Fold the bottom left of the tail towards the center. Start the fold at the bottom of the body.
26. Flatten the tail.
27. Turn the model to the other side.
28. Put the head under the model.
29. Open the tail by folding the other half of the tail.
30. Fold the bottom right of the tail towards the center.
31. Make an outside reverse fold to bring the tail up.
32. Make four small folds to round the heart shaped head.
33. Turn the model to the other side. Almost done!
34. Bring the head to the center and open the front legs of the cat so that it can stand.
Isn't this Love Cat cute? It will soon have new friends such as the Love Mouse. :-) Please subscribe to my YouTube channel Origami Plus to be notified when I post new origami video tutorials. Thank you!
To make a Love Cat in origami, please follow the instructions from this video on YouTube:
Have you tried this this Love Cat origami model? How did it turn out? Please tell me, and send me a picture of your model so that I can add it on this page!
If you like this Love Cat and my other origami models, you can support me on Patreon. Thank you!
Origami is the art of folding paper to create animals, plants, objects and geometric forms.
Origami models with easy to follow step-by-step instructions in video and photos.
Diagrams to fold origami models can be difficult to interpret sometimes. For each model we show a photo of each step so that you can easily fold all models. Each origami model also has a video that shows how to fold it.