Do you know "Lily the Giraffe"? This giraffe head is an original model that I created for a origami creation challenge on the French origami site Pliage de papier. The theme was "Hijacking the Lilly Flower". To create this giraffe head, you first have to fold a lily flower. Then all it takes is a few more folds to transform the lily flower into a beautiful giraffe!
1. To fold the giraffe head, you first have to fold a lily flower. See the lily flower instructions.
2. Slightly open the lily flower.
3. Fold the right inside flap of the small tip towards the edge and flatten it.
4. Fold the left inside flap in the same way.
5. Turn the model and repeat the last two folds for the opposite small tip.
6. You can now flatten the model.
7. Make a valley fold to bring the right tip towards the center.
8. Make another valley fold below the right of the right tip to flatten it.
9. Make a valley fold to bring the left tip towards the center.
10. Make another valley fold below the left of the left tip to flatten it.
11. Turn the model to the other side.
12. Fold the bottom of the bottom tip.
13. Turn the model to the other side.
14. Fold the right of the right inner tip towards its center.
15. Fold the left of the right inner tip towards its center.
16. Repeat the last two folds on the left inner tip.
17. Fold the right outer tip in two towards the center.
18. Fold the right outer tip in the middle and flatten it a bit to form the ear.
19. Fold the left outer tip in two towards the center.
20. Fold the left outer tip in the middle and flatten it a bit to form the ear.
21. Fold back the two layers at the top of the head.
22. Fold back the tips of the two ears.
23. Fold back the tips of the two horns.
24. Turn the model to the other side. Your giraffe head is complete!
An elephant, a reindeer, and now a giraffe! The lily flower is a very interesting base to create other origami models.
I hope you liked this original paper giraffe head model. If you fold it, please send us pictures of the result to firstname.lastname@example.org so that we can add them to this page! Thank you!
You can try to fold the giraffe with spotted paper, or to create your own spotted paper.
To make a giraffe head in origami, please follow the instructions from this video on YouTube:
If you fold this giraffe head, please send me pictures of your paper giraffe head so that I can show them here.
Have you tried this this giraffe head origami model? How did it turn out? Please tell me, and send me a picture of your model so that I can add it on this page!
If you like this giraffe head and my other origami models, you can support me on Patreon. Thank you!
Origami is the art of folding paper to create animals, plants, objects and geometric forms.
Origami models with easy to follow step-by-step instructions in video and photos.
Diagrams to fold origami models can be difficult to interpret sometimes. For each model we show a photo of each step so that you can easily fold all models. Each origami model also has a video that shows how to fold it.