This ghost is a very easy origami model that even small kids can fold. In fact it was created by my kids Marianne and Martin (13 and 7 year old)! It's of course a great origami model to make in October when Halloween is coming. Once folded, your ghost can stand on its own. It looks a bit like the ghosts in Pac-Man! To create an origami ghost, all you need is a white sheet of paper (ordinary copy / printing paper works). Once folded, you can personalize your ghost by drawing its eyes and mouth, or sticking funny eyes. Most of the folds do not have precise locations: you can experiment folding at different places, and you will get different ghosts.
1. Start with a white square sheet of paper. Or a green one if you want a green monster instead of a white ghost!
2. Turn the square and fold it along the horizontal diagonal.
3. Fold the right tip towards the left. It will become the arm of the ghost.
4. Fold the arm towards the right.
5. Fold the arm again towards the left.
6. And fold the arm again one last time towards the right.
7. Now do the same folds for the left arm. Fold to the right. Try to do the folds at the same positions than for the right arm.
8. Fold to the left.
9. Fold to the right again.
10. And for one last time to the left.
11. Turn the model over. Fold the top of the head towards the bottom.
12. Turn the model over. Slightly unfold the arms.
13. You can draw some eyes and a mouth, or put sticky eyes.
14. And your ghost is done! It can stand on its own, and your ghost is ready to haunt the house and spook your friends and family!
This ghost model was designed by Marianne and Martin Gigandet. This is our first completely original origami design, we hope you will like it! If you fold some ghosts, please send us pictures of them to email@example.com and we will add them to the site! And if you like this ghost, please share it with your friends! Thank you!
To make a ghost in origami, please follow the instructions from this video on YouTube:
If you fold this ghost, please send me pictures of your paper ghost so that I can show them here.Photos of origami ghost
If you make an origami ghost, please send me a picture so that I can add it to the origami ghosts gallery below! Thank you!
Halloween origami models folded by Lauril Moctezuma. Thank you very much Lauril!
A lovely picture of Pittsburgh in Pennsylvania, taken by Betsy Butler. I love the hazy look of the origami ghosts, it makes them even more ghost-like! Thank you very much Betsy! :-)
Have you tried this this ghost origami model? How did it turn out? Please tell me, and send me a picture of your model so that I can add it on this page!
If you like this ghost and my other origami models, you can support me on Patreon. Thank you!
Origami is the art of folding paper to create animals, plants, objects and geometric forms.
Origami models with easy to follow step-by-step instructions in video and photos.
Diagrams to fold origami models can be difficult to interpret sometimes. For each model we show a photo of each step so that you can easily fold all models. Each origami model also has a video that shows how to fold it.