Learn how to make a very easy origami fish! This cute paper fish is an original origami model that you can fold in only a few minutes with a 2 by 1 rectangle (half square) of paper.
The model is not completely flat, the fish has a fin that goes slightly upward. Depending on the paper you use, and how well the folds are marked, you may want to put a little bit of glue at the very end so that the model does not open up too much.
To make a Fish in origami, please follow the instructions from this video on YouTube:
1. Start with a square piece of paper.
2. Fold and cut the square in order to have 2 rectangles. You can fold one fish with each rectangle.
3. If the paper has only one colored side, put it on top. Fold and unfold the rectangle horizontaly and verticaly.
4. Turn the model to the other side.
5. Fold the two top corners.
7. Fold the two other corners.
9. Turn the model to the other side.
10. Gently squeeze together the top middle point and the bottom middle point.
11. Then flatten the model. You do not have to make any new folds.
12. Turn the model to the left.
13. Fold the two right corners. Mark the folds well.
14. Turn the model to the other side.
15. Fold the top right and the bottom right towards the horizontal axis. Mark the folds well.
16. Unfold the two flaps under the right side of the model.
17. Fold the top flap towards the left.
18. Fold the bottom flap towards the left.
19. Fold the left flap towards the right, and your fish is done! The flap will stay a bit upward. If the model opens up too much, you can put a little bit of glue under it.
20. That was easy, wasn't it? Then fold many more origami fishes of all colors! :-)
I hope you like this origami fish model. It's a very simple model with a small amounts of steps, but it looks very cute with its upward fin and its fan tail! You can fold many of them and stick them to a blue paper, hang them on your wall or window etc. If you use bright colors, it could make a very colorful room decoration for a bedroom, a classroom etc.
You can also watch the video tutorial that shows how to fold this fish on the Origami Plus Youtube channel.
And don't forget to subscribe to my channel to get notified when I publish a new origami video tutorial! It means a lot to me. :-)
If you fold this Fish, please send me pictures of your paper Fish so that I can show them here.
If you make an origami fish, please send me a picture so that I can add it to the origami fishes gallery below! Thank you!
Tropical fishes with vibrant colors are swimming in the blue sea.
Very beautiful fishes folded by Delphine Perdoux from France. Thank you Delphine!
Fishes folded by Hisako Tanji from California. Thank you Hisako!
Fishes folded by Anthony Nelson from USA. Thank you Anthony!
Fishes folded by Annette Bussmann. Adding air bubbles is a great idea, thank you for folding those cute origami fishes Annette!
A very beautiful origami fish folded by Raksha Ananthan. Perfect choice of origami paper! Thank you Raksha!
Fishes and drawing by Unikat Origami. Thank you Unikat!
A Goldfish looks at a Foldfish :-)
Have you tried this this Fish origami model? How did it turn out? Please tell me, and send me a picture of your model so that I can add it on this page!
If you like this Fish and my other origami models, you can support me on Patreon. Thank you!
Origami is the art of folding paper to create animals, plants, objects and geometric forms.
Origami models with easy to follow step-by-step instructions in video and photos.
Diagrams to fold origami models can be difficult to interpret sometimes. For each model we show a photo of each step so that you can easily fold all models. Each origami model also has a video that shows how to fold it.