This elephant head is an original model that I created for a origami creation challenge on the French origami site Pliage de papier. The theme was "Hijacking the Lilly Flower". And indeed, this elephant face was born in a lilly flower! This elephant model has only a head and no body, but it can stand by itself. And the head is complete with huge elephant ears, two elephant tusks and of course an elephant trunk!
1. To fold the elephant head, you first have to fold a lilly flower!
2. Start with a square sheet of paper. Put the colored face on top.
3. Fold and unfold along the two diagonals.
4. Turn the model over.
5. Fold and unfold horizontally and vertically.
6. Fold together all the folds you made. Put the open side up.
7. Fold the right side towards the vertical axis.
8. Slighy unfold and open the fold you just made by inverting the fold on the left.
9. Flatten the folds.
10. Repeat the same folds on the 3 other sides.
11. Open the model on a fully colored side.
12. Fold the upper tip to the bottom tip of the model.
13. Flatten the right side towards the vertical axis. Pay special attention to the tips.
14. Flatten the left side.
15. Fold the bottom tip towards the top.
16. Repeat the same folds on the 3 other sides.
17. Fold the left and right sides towards the vertical axis.
18. Repeat for the 3 other sides.
19. Open the model on an unfolded side.
20. Fold two opposite inner tips towards outside to create the tusks.
21. Fold the top tip towards the bottom to open the model.
22. Turn the model over.
23. Fold back one of the top tips to form an ear.
24. Fold the other ear.
25. Turn the model over.
26. Fold back the tip of the ears.
27. Fold back the top of the head.
28. Fold down the bottom of the ears and flatten them.
29. Turn the model over.
30. Curve the trunk towards the top.
31. Fold the base of the model so that it can stand up.
32. Your elephant head is done!
We hope you like this original paper elephant head model! Once you have folded the lilly flower, it can be a cool magic trick to turn it into an elephant face!
If you fold this elephant head origami model, please send us pictures of the result to firstname.lastname@example.org so that we can add them to this page and create an elephant heard! Thank you!
To make an elephant head in origami, please follow the instructions from this video on YouTube:
If you fold this elephant head, please send me pictures of your paper elephant head so that I can show them here.
Take a picture of your origami elephant so that we can showcase it here! :-)
This elephant was folded from a paper bag cut into a square.
Have you tried this this elephant head origami model? How did it turn out? Please tell me, and send me a picture of your model so that I can add it on this page!
If you like this elephant head and my other origami models, you can support me on Patreon. Thank you!
Origami is the art of folding paper to create animals, plants, objects and geometric forms.
Origami models with easy to follow step-by-step instructions in video and photos.
Diagrams to fold origami models can be difficult to interpret sometimes. For each model we show a photo of each step so that you can easily fold all models. Each origami model also has a video that shows how to fold it.