Make your own origami Darth Vader in just 5 minutes! All you need is a square piece of paper, and Force is not even required. This Darth Vader origami model is very simple and easy. It is in the same style than the 5 minute Origami Yoda I designed before. It's not as detailed as Tadashi Mori's famous Darth Vader model, but it is much easier and much quicker to fold. You can find instructions and video that show how to fold the Darth Vader model from Tadashi Mori on his YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nkeFJgQDpjQ but you need at least 45 minutes and you need to be a very experimented folder. I haven't dared to fold it yet myself. :-)
To make a Darth Vader in origami, please follow the instructions from this video on YouTube:
1. Start with a square sheet of paper. Black color on both side is best. In this tutorial I use black and white paper so that it is easier to see the folds.
2. Fold and unfold the square horizontally and vertically.
3. Turn the square to the other side.
4. Fold the top left square horizontally. Mark the fold only at the left of vertical axis.
5. Unfold the fold you just made.
6. Fold the top left square vertically. Mark the fold only at the top of the horizontal axis.
7. Unfold the fold you just made.
8. Fold the 4 corners to the center.
9. Turn the model 45° clockwise.
10. Fold the bottom of the top triangle towards the center of the square inside the triangle. This will be Darth Vader's head.
11. Unfold the top triangle.
12. Fold the top triangle so that the small triangle inside lines up with the creases below.
13. Turn the model to the other side. Pinch above the small triangle to make a crease.
14. Turn the model to the other side.
15. Fold back down the top triangle.
16. Make a thin crimp fold.
17. Make a vertical fold next to the bottom right of the head. Do not fold the right arm, and do not mark the fold at the very top.
18. Unfold the fold you made.
19. Fold the right corner to the vertical fold. This will become the helmet.
20. Fold again the helmet starting at the crimp.
22. Mark a fold that goes from the bottom right of the helmet to the intersection of the right arm and the vertical fold.
23. Repeat the folds for the left side. First mark the vertical fold next to the bottom left of the head.
24. Fold the left corner to make the helmet.
25. Fold the helmet at the crimp level.
26. Unfold the last fold.
27. Mark a fold from the bottom left of the helmet to the vertical fold intersection on the left arm.
28. You have done all the folds, you just need to fold them again to shape Darth Vader.
29. Your origami Darth Vader is done, ready to hunt for rebel scum!
30. If you like this 5 minute origami Darth Vader, also try my 5 minute origami Yoda!
This origami Darth Vader is very easy to make, and it goes very well with the origami Yoda! If you make a paper Darth Vader by following those instructions or video, could you send me a picture of your Darth Vader so that I can add to my gallery of origami Darth Vaders? :-) You can send me pictures of your origami models on on my Origami Plus Facebook page, or on Twitter (@Origami_Plus).
If you like this Darth Vader model and tutorial, please subscribe to my YouTube channel Origami Plus to be notified when I post new origami video tutorials.
If you fold this Darth Vader, please send me pictures of your paper Darth Vader so that I can show them here.
Origami Yoda, Darth Vader and Stormtrooper
Origami Star Wars Characters: Yoda, Darth Vader and a Stormtrooper
Origami Yoda and Darth Vader
Have you tried this this Darth Vader origami model? How did it turn out? Please tell me, and send me a picture of your model so that I can add it on this page!
If you like this Darth Vader and my other origami models, you can support me on Patreon. Thank you!
Origami is the art of folding paper to create animals, plants, objects and geometric forms.
Origami models with easy to follow step-by-step instructions in video and photos.
Diagrams to fold origami models can be difficult to interpret sometimes. For each model we show a photo of each step so that you can easily fold all models. Each origami model also has a video that shows how to fold it.